Saturday, September 6, 2008

Dates from Hell and Heaven!!


My DEAR friend Melissa wrote on her blog about the worst date she has ever been on and then told me to read it to see if I remembered and that brought back my memories of my worst date!!! UGGGG! So I am going to share it with you as well.
It all started when my friend Minnie and her boyfriend at the time, Justin, asked me to go on a double date with them and Justins friend "Bart". Whom I had never met. I should of known, blind dates always suck. At least for me they do. Anyway to make a LOOOONG story short, he drove but his doors didn't work so we had to crawel in and out through his hatchback. Then when we got to the movie, we had planned to see a nice comedy but Justin thought it would be funny to talk us into seeing some sappy love story that also happened to be the saddest movie and I always cry. So needless to say this Bart guy (Who by the way was sooooo strange) thought that this was an opening to be my comforter. He kept hugging me and telling me it was all right! Of course its all right, its just a movie for petes sake, I knew that! Then after I had been dodging him the whole movie and craweled back through the hatchback he made the comment that we should get a pizza, go back to my apartment a just fall alseep in each others arms! "WHAT, are you kidding me, and who are you" were my exact thoughts at the time. After making up some dumb excuse and giving dagger eyes to Justin and Minnie I managed to end the date!
Now for my best date ever: It just so happens that it was with my husband. Frank picked me up from work one night with a change of clothes. Fancy ones and he was dressed very classy too I might add. He then drove me into NY City where we had dinner reservations at a fancy shmancy resturant called "Babetta's". Its the kind of resturant that the food comes out looking all pretty like a piece of art work. While we were there he gave me a card and inside were two tickets to the "Christmas Spectatcular" at Radio City Music Hall and they were for that night. So we walked through Time Sguare and Rockefeller Center and over to Radio City for the show. It was very cool with a live nativity and the rockettes were awesome too. Then as we walked back to the car we got to see all the Christmas windows on fifth avenue! So awesome and not to mention that Christmas in NYC is an incredible experience.
I have to add a little inside note for Melissa, two more of my worst dates from hell: You, Me, and our dates from Hardee's and last but not least: You, Me, and our dates from the Comedy Club in Jersey!
(Oh HELL) LOL

4 comments:

Tara Bergsjo said...

That date story was to funny! But I loved the romatic one with Frank! What a neat surprise!!

Mandi Nield said...

im so happy that you chose to marry frank!!! i don't know what life would be with you, him, and the kids!!! and ur worst date was kinda funny!!!
love ya

Anonymous said...

What about Pete's friend that you went out with, um, um, um...it started with a "D". He lived out at the USU ranch on your way to Wellsville, made us dinner in his "apartment" and then turned on music and wanted to dance with you in the kitchen in front of the rest of us...and we went into the bathroom at the Flying J together and the straps of my overalls fell in the toilet and I recall you had a mishap with a tampon--almost causing me to wet my pants and we stood at the automatic hand dryer for, like, ever trying to dry the toilet water from my overalls.--Nat

Anonymous said...

That is way too funny. I can't stop laughing. I will never forget those guys from Jersey. I think I still have his card some where. We need to get together. Talk to you soon.

Melissa~