Saturday, May 9, 2009

What is a Policeman?

I recieved this video from a Law Enforcement Memorial Group that I am signed up with. It touched me so much. I often find myself having to defend Cops and what they go through on a daily basis. It is something that people will never understand unless they are directly impacted by it. It IS a thankless job. Yes, there are some corrupt Cops but that is less than 1% of those who wear the uniform. Unfortunatly all suffer because of the few. I know that no one likes to get a speeding ticket but what would our streets be like if these Men and Women were not there to patrol them. I am sorry for the horrible things that my husband has seen and will have to see in the future, I am sorry for the things he has to put up with on a daily basis, I am sorry for the disrespect and name calling he has recieved, I am sorry he is so severly underpaid and yet so overworked, but I am so proud of him for what he does and for the genuine love he has for people!
Please click on this link and watch this video!! I dare ya!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB9-NcunsKc

3 comments:

Tara Bergsjo said...

SOOOOO TRUE!!!!

Unknown said...

Thank heavens for people like your husband! What you say is so true and I want you to know that we appreciate cops like him and its sad that the bad cops give the good ones bad reps. Props to Frankie and to you! Hope all is well!

Nat said...

Well said. Love Paul Harvey.